Manic Monday



wow, what a busy month of January for us. Julian has started to eat solids. Its quite a bit of fun. He enjoys eating and making a mess. I get a kick out of finding oatmeal behind his ears and on his diaper and all over myself and... well you get the idea! So far he hasn't shown any preference for any particular food. He eats everything I offer him. Connor is waiting for the food to start falling to the floor but so far the food hasn't gotten flung that far. Julian has also started to sleep through the night. So finally I get to catch up on the lack of sleep for the last five months. I still need several cups of coffee in the morning to get going.
I don't think it will be long now before Julian figures out how to crawl. He has mastered flipping onto his belly and then back onto his back. He also has figured out that his legs propel him forward, but he lacks the coordination to get exactly where he wants to go. We spend lots of time on the floor with a toy JUST out of his reach.
Other than taking care of Julian, not much is going on. I am definitely ready for this deployment to be over with. I miss Dennis so much. I could go on and on and on about the misery of being apart from him but I'll spare you all from that.
I hope everybody is doing well. And for most of you I hope you are managing to stay warm. If you need to warm up you can always come to Hawaii-- its currently 80 degrees and sunny.

2 Comments:
i love the fact that the food is on the bottom of his feet!!! that is a long way from his mouth...is that b/c he still likes the taste of his feet:) such cute pictures! love ya
a
you should see the crazy places that food ends up! being the ears....on the bottom of his feet....on my legs...in Connor's belly... :)
Post a Comment
<< Home