Homecoming




At 3am April 20, 2007 Life returned to how it is suppose to be-- Dennis stepped off the airplane into Julian and my waiting arms. Despite taking an extra 12 hours to get home, it was the most perfect homecoming we could have asked for. after all, the only thing that mattered was that Dennis returned to us safe and sound.It has been less than a week and life is already back to normal. Dennis is off at work and Julian and I are spending the day playing. Dennis taught Julian how to say 'mama' (although it does not appear that he knows what it means) still its pretty cool to have him call out my name!! He also has cut his first set of teeth-- the bottom front two teeth. He actually did pretty well during that time-- wasn't any more fussing than normal so that was nice.
other than that, all of us here are just getting life back to how it should be-- taking pleasure in the seemingly mundane moments of the day.
hopefully everybody is doing as wonderful as we are. Thank you to everybody who supported Dennis and I through this deployment. all of the calls and letters and emails, etc. were much appreciated.

9 Comments:
I love you all and I can't wait to see you! And I am so glad to see that Uncle Dennis made it home safely! Have a great weekend!
Love,
Tori
Oh yeah...I am glad to see Dennis has no mustache!! :o)
Tori
Thanx Tori
We can't wait to bring the little fella back to NE so he can meet everybody. Its gonna be so nice to see all of you. I can't believe its been so long-- over a year, right? wow. thats way too long!!! I hope you and everybody else is doing well.
I loved the mustache, I wish i could have seen him with it. in the photos he looks like a classic 'dirty ol' marine', didnt he?! so much fun. haha.
Yeah I think you were here last summer...and he did look like a 'dirty ol' marine', but he also looked an awful lot like uncle Bill...and I have never thought he did before! Just odd I guess...that was the first time I had seen him with one!
:o)
Tori
I am so happy too, to see Dennis without a moustache also:)
Love,
Sarah
I liked the mustache-- i wish he had kept it long enough so that i could have seen him in person with it :) oh well!!
Happy Mother's day Melinda!! I hope you are having a fabulous day!
Love,
Tori
Melinda has a baby boy! Wow! How are you? Your mom & dad came to our wedding, it was so nice to see them. You have such a beatiful family... it's so wonderful to see. A beautiful little boy- wow! Congradulations!
Post a Comment
<< Home